The best thing that could have happened to my running is the new people that are continually joining our running group. Most of the people that run are runners. They immediately go out to the front of the pack and there they stay. But one, Beach Girl, is someone who is more my speed. She is an amazing runner to me in that she just decided that she was going to run, and she ran. She ran a 5k as a matter of fact. But she is human about it and is at the back of the pack with me. She likes to walk hills and sets mini goals for herself. I ran almost the entire way this morning, except for the hills that we walked, and I am so grateful to have a partner in crime in the back with me.
I am learning to listen to my body. Today, I did not listen to my music, I had a conversation, and I was able to breathe the whole time. Can you believe that? I was able to breathe the whole time. Now, mind you, I was only running a 12:00 pace, but I did it, I ran, I talked and I actually enjoyed myself. I enjoyed the run today. It was hot and humid and I enjoyed the run. I enjoyed the run. I cannot believe I am saying that.
All of the articles are right, and I am starting to get an instinct about what is right for me. I'm adapting a 10k training program to get ready for a marathon relay in October. I knew the minute I looked at the program that is was way too ambitious for me. And the Pilot confirmed it and reinforced what I was thinking about a program. We will probably get together to set a better program, but I have a skeleton, and I am, I have to say, excited. So there it is. I enjoyed my run today, I am looking forward to a short out and back tomorrow, and I can't believe I enjoyed my run.
No comments:
Post a Comment