Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slowly but Surely

Running takes some faith and wisdom

I have a necklace that I love.  It's a brown leather necklace with a runner girl charm, a faith charm and a pearl of wisdom.   It is to remind me that I have become a runner, to have faith in myself and to have the wisdom to not hurt myself.  It is all a work in progress.  I may have run myself a 5k a couple of weeks ago, but I continued pushing myself on that week and ended up irritating my back (which felt great that week) which causes pain down the side of my leg.  So I missed a whole week of running after that, and now I am back to short runs with intervals.  I'm happy to be doing the short runs, I just wish the wisdom thin would have kicked in last week because now I have blown any chance for a half marathon this Spring.  It's ok though.  I don't think my body was meant to do a lot of half marathons, it fights me on long runs.  Instead I am going to train for a 10k that runs over a local bridge.  Very cool!  I need the wisdom to balance the Tae Kwon Do and the running,  so I can't get caught up in what everyone else is doing.  Just because a friend does a half, doesn't mean it's right for me.  I still have two big tests and I can't do big races at the same time I do these tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment