Friday, October 15, 2010

Get Out!!!

I ran a half marathon! ME!! I completed a half marathon doing 3 minute runs and 1 minute walks and I was in pain for the last three miles and I smiled as I ran across that finish line. I completed it in 2 hours and 45 minutes. I'll never win one, but I will definitely try another one. If you asked me a year ago if this was something in my future I would have laughed at you. I never would have believed that I could do a half. And I don't know how many more I have up my sleeve. But I did one, and it was so unlikely that I would have completed one that I smile and giggle every time someone asks me about it. I ran with some very good friends. We chatted and cheered and complained as we plugged along and we saw beautiful scenery. It was amazing and I am glad that I had the opportunity to try it.


2 comments:

  1. New you could do this! You should never stop smiling about it. It is an impressive goal completed. I think it's about time you gave yourself credit and start considering yourself "a runner" and not just someone who get up to run.

    ReplyDelete